Monday, January 11, 2016

Happy Hello!

Hello My Friends!
I hope you are having a wonderful start to 2016. Things have started off just right for our family and we are full of gratitude and excitement for what's ahead!

Of course, any New Years plans for me also include plans for sewing. :) The opportunity to  #SewToShare has very much become a part of my life. I love sewing and truly can't imagine my life without it. Whether sewing for my family or creating a gift for a stranger, it makes busy my hands and fills my heart at the same time. A perfect combination in my opinion!

I thought I would share with you some of the more regular items I will be sewing to share this year and invite you to participate with any contributions you may like as you are able.
  • Zipper Pouches - We will be filling these with travel sized hygiene items for the ICU waiting room at one of our local hospitals. We had a family member spend some time in the ICU & step down unit at the end of last year, and experienced the need for these items for the waiting families firsthand. Sometimes the simplest things can provide the greatest comfort and encouragement.
  • Tote Bags - We will be filling these with activities, books, snacks and the like to be provided to children as they come into foster care in our community. This allows each child something to call their own during a very difficult transition. You can read more about the items often included in these bags on my previous post here. 
  • Receiving Blankets - The NICU at our local Children's Hospital regularly collects blankets for the babies in their care, they call it the Blanket Angel Project. They have always been so very grateful for anything we have brought to them!
  • FLUFF Project - Last but certainly not least, we will continue to collect stuffed friends to be provided to children in foster care through our local Department of Children's Services offices and Juvenile Courts. This project is extra special to our family, and I invite you to learn more on the FLUFF Project page at the top of my blog. I will be making the first delivery for 2016 very soon!


When you have item(s) ready to be mailed, you can ship them to me at the following business address to insure the packages are never left unattended. **Please notify me upon shipping your package whenever possible so I can be watching for it. You can email me and I will gladly share once your items are received and again once delivered. 

Kristy Smith
c/o Echelon Florist
1260 Rocky Hill Road
Knoxville, TN 37919

Thank you all for continuing to be a support and encouragement to me, and also for allowing our family the privilege of delivering your gifts and donations to those listed above. 
Every. Stitch. Matters.

Photobucket

1 comments:

JLVerde said...

Is there a certain tote bag pattern you use? I could add them to my charity sewing and easily tuck them in with Fluff boxes.

For the zipper pouches, what color/themes? Neutral for adults and kids or what (again, I could sew up the zippers I have and just add to my Fluff packages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...