Friday, May 4, 2012

Book/Pattern Review - With Fabric & Thread by Joanna Figueroa

May I introduce to you, With Fabric & Thread by Joanna Figueroa.

I had the privilege of testing one of the patterns for this lovely book while it was in production. Now, it is available for purchase and I just received my copy! I couldn't be more pleased! 
This book is absolutely beautiful!
It's overflowing with more than 20 quilting and sewing patterns. Each page full of creative inspiration and eye candy! Not to mention, detailed and well written patterns and process descriptions. You're gonna love this book! It reads like a good story and truly bridges the gap between quilters and sewists. You can get a flip through glance on Amazon if you'd like more details.

I tested the Dear Betty Apron in child size.
The book offers both adult and child sizes for the apron.
This flowing, flirty apron was fun to make and my daughter agrees, fun to wear!
It offers an adjustable tie neck and waist with a twirly flounce trim that makes it oh so feminine! It's also reversible. My older daughter and I both want one of our own now. :)
The fabric I used is Strawberry Fields, also by Joanna Figueroa. Joanna designs fabric for Moda and you will find samples of her beautiful designs all throughout this book. 

I certainly enjoyed sewing with this lovely fabric and book and look forward to many more creative projects using both! And I must admit....it's also quite satisfying to see your name as part of an incredible book like this, if even in a small way. :)

Wiley Craft Blog
My warmest thanks to Wiley Publishing for the opportunity to work with you as a pattern tester and to Joanna Figueroa for sharing your creative inspiration.
This experience was truly a pleasure.
Kristy

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the great review! Looks like a book I need to check out. And how cool to have your name in print!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Exciting to be a part of this book and to see your name in print!!!

Lindsay Conner said...

This is fun, Kristy! I work for Wiley, so I can't enter your giveaway, but I recently got to pattern test for a project in another book which I'll share on Craft Buds soon. :)

harleywife57/ Mickey White said...

Your name in a book ! how cool ! the book looks fabulous ; love the spiral binding ! the apron is so cute !!!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I like the fact that the apron is shaped and with the flounce at the bottom.... and I still think it's cool that you have your name in print.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Hi Kristy, I've featured your Dear Betty apron today...
http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/07/threading-your-way-features.html

Unknown said...

I love the flippy look to the skirt part.

Kristy said...

Me too Joyce! My favorite part! The book called it a "flounce" and that seems a perfect name to me. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...