Monday, December 9, 2013

Pattern Review - Ellie the Baby Elephant, Wardrobe & Travel Case by Ruby Jean's Closet

Hold on to your hats, because your cuteness meter is about to blow it's top!!!
This is one insanely cute set by Ruby Jean's Closet and I'm so exited to share about it with you in time for Christmas sewing since it would make a perfect gift for any little love on your list! 

This is the Ellie Baby Elephant Doll, Wardrobe and Travel Case by Ruby Jeans Closet. Each of these patterns can be purchased separately, but once you see them, you're going to want them all! Ruby Jean was so kind and generous and sent the set over for me to sew up in support of the FLUFF Project. I have 2 more sweet Ellie's in the works right now for our next donation delivery. 

But of course, when my little Princess saw it, she really needed one for herself too. :) And just to go ahead and make sure we are all on the same page....our theme....PINK!!!! :D

 The sweet elephant doll is such a great size for cuddling! She comes with the patterns for bib and diaper you'll see below as part of the wardrobe, and also the little bow. I love the bow!!! Instructions are included for how to add a bit of velcro so the bows can be interchanged, but knowing my Lil' Miss and how things get lost, I opted to just put this one on a safety pin so that when it was "missing" it wouldn't look like our little friend had a bandage on her head. ;) Maybe when she's a little older we can revisit the interchangeable bows, as I think that is such a fun idea!

When open, the Travel Case serves as Ellie's home. One side has her dresser that INDEED holds her clothing.... 
 ....while the other side is her bed. Seriously.....you think it can't get cuter already don't you!?!?! Well just wait, it DOES!!!!

When ready for on the go, Ellie and all her goodies tuck neatly inside and zip up in this very sturdy and attractive Travel Case. 

You are loving her as much as I am aren't you??? :) Well get ready for her fashion show, because now it's time to share her Wardrobe!

Of course we have the Twirl Skirt with coordinating Bow that you have seen....

Then she has this darling Pillowcase Dress that can be made in 3 lengths for a top, dress or gown. Mine is made in the gown length. I think I'll have to make my Miss a matcher soon! :)
 And OH MY!!!! What about these PJs!?!?! I know! SQUEEEEEE!!!!
 Every Baby needs a diaper and bib, and I made mine out of soft flannel. 
 There are even more items in her Wardrobe that you can add too, and remember, all can be stuffed right inside her Dresser in the Travel Case for storage and easy "to go" play as well!

My verdict is TOTAL LOVE! I can't wait for my Sweet One to open this on Christmas morning and realize Mommy did make her one too! ;) She watches all my sewing and is always curious about which items will stay and which will be going. I've had to play this one off a bit. ;)

SUMMARY
Sewing Experience: Doll and Wardrobe are suitable for a confident Beginner Seamstress, Travel Case better for seamstress with Intermediate level sewing skills/experience.
Size Range: N/A
Special Techniques: Sewing a stuffed toy, applique, applying bias tape, working with elastic, inserting a zipper. 
Pattern Format: PDF
Materials Used: I have used all designer Cotton Wovens for my project with some fusible interfacing as noted in pattern. 2 zippers for case. Elastic for clothing. 
Personal Notes: LOVE! Love this sweet doll and all her trimmings! She is a doll I will make again for donation and love the dimension and ease of assembly the pattern provides.  
Photobucket

3 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

What a clever concept, having her bedroom in a travel case!!! She is absolutely gorgeous, but could easily be made in boy fabric to become a he.

JLVerde said...

That is so dang cute! The elephant looks fairly easy to sew, too (the clothes look a tiny bit tricky).

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness this post is full of all kinds of cuteness! Crazy adorable! Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...