Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Reminder...

With the New Year kicking off and the commitment of Hopeful Threads carrying on for 2012, I've had the opportunity to consider and remember the "why" behind it all.

Hopeful Threads exists to help others. A place to use our unique gifts and talents to make a tangible difference in the life of someone else. A place to connect with others who are like minded and challenge and encourage one another's efforts. A springboard for ideas and opportunities to give back with our daily lives and to share what we have. A place to ask questions and learn more about sewing and handcrafting. A place that hopefully will bring blessings on both ends of each monthly project.
Participating in one of Hopeful Threads projects is something I welcome anyone with interest to do. It is not something I wish anyone to ever feel obligated to do.

I sew because it's a huge part of who I am. This is my creative outlet, my fun place! Some projects are more fun than others of course. Some organizations and outreach efforts are especially dear to my heart, while others can be simply filling a need. And yes, some of the bigger projects and even maintaining a blog, facebook and email can be "work" at times, but isn't everything of value? That's part of the joy! And I believe it is entirely worth it....or else I wouldn't invest my time and my family into it. I believe each of us has a unique opportunity to give back with our gifts and talents, and Hopeful Threads allows me the opportunity to live that and to teach my children with my actions. 

While I delight in the community that is provided here, I do not do this for praise or accolades. I see this as a place to share rather than brag....unless we're talking about my kids...then I might occasionally brag! ;) I am not superhuman. I just have the words of a really great daddy that roll through my mind on a regular basis. The words... "You will make time for what is important to you.". And you know what? He's right! He's no longer here to witness or critique the results of his upbringing in me, but his impact is very much alive and active in my life. Oh how thankful I am!

So with that, I welcome you to join me and any monthly project at Hopeful Threads that speaks to you! And if that outpouring wasn't enough of the "why", let me leave you with some of the sweet faces held in my heart as I sew...
Every stitch really does matter!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

It is wonderful to find joy while helping others at the same time :)

Those pictures do the kids with the product of that? Priceless!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Looking forward to following along with you this year and your babies are precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...