Saturday, October 26, 2013

A FALLish Katie J. Jumper

 This isn't my first time sewing this adorable dress pattern, but I did try out a new version! This time, in addition to making a reversible garment, I also added the Double-Layered option. This option gives a band finish on one side and offers a lovely layered look on the reverse. 


 My Lil' Miss can hardly wait for me to get home from Texas just so she can wear her "Bunny Dress"! :) She's been asking daily since I finished it if today was the day she would get to wear it. :) She has loved wearing her other Katie J. Jumper, so I know she will love this one as well. 
The fabrics I've used for this fall version are organic cottons designed by Penguin & Fish for Clothworks. They are absolutely silky soft! The prints are so precious and include all your favorite woodland creatures like raccoons, hedgehogs, foxes and owls. Oh...and of course, bunnies! ;)



SUMMARY
Sewing Experience Level: Confident Beginner/Intermediate
Size Range: 6M - 5T
Special Techniques: For this version, sewing with elastic, making elastic casing, sewing a reversible garment. Gathering.
Pattern Format: PDF or Paper
Materials Used: The adorable fabrics I've used are from the Critter Patch collection by Alyssa Thomas of Penguin & Fish for Clothworks. 
Personal Notes: Still LOVE this pattern! All of the different features make is a fresh and unique garment each time you sew!  

Photobucket

1 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

As always, I love the fabrics you've used, Kristy!!! The dress looks adorable with the double layer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...