Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pattern Review - Sew Fun Boho Shoulder Bag

This weekend I had the chance to make one of these great Boho Shoulder Bags from Sew Fun.
The idea was that I would actually sew something for myself since that seems to rarely happen, but after having my daughter help me with pictures I think I may have lost "my" bag!
Nonetheless, this is a great bag, certainly worth my making a replacement! 

The bag calls for home dec. weight fabric for the outer which I don't sew with very often, but I was surprised at how much I loved working with it! Plus, it made for a very attractive and durable finished product. I had these coordinating home dec. fabrics in my stash, so I actually went with home dec. for both the outer and lining fabrics.

 This is an especially roomy bag and can be worn over the shoulder or messenger style. The wide strap makes it a very comfortable option for messenger style wear. This bag is so spacious it would make the perfect beach/pool bag for the summer! It can easily hold your towel, change of clothes, water bottle, and water-side reading material and additionally has a pocket inside to keep you from having to dig for your keys and wallet, along with one on the outside to help keep that cell phone or i-pod handy.


 Oh yea, did I mention it's reversible? 
So really it's like getting 2 bags in one! And can easily be sewn up and ready to go in a single afternoon for an experienced sewer. The pattern offers some features that provide a fun sewing challenge, like an attractive pleated bottom. I personally wouldn't recommend it for beginners. One would need at least basic sewing skills and pattern experience to be comfortable with this pattern.

Double top-stitching is recommended throughout, and I LOVE the finished look that it gives the bag! Very nice!

One of my favorite parts is the toggle closure! Isn't it beautiful?
Sew Fun also carries the German made, polished hardwood, toggle buttons in a 2-pack for only $1.99! (lucky for me I have an extra to make "my" next bag huh!?) ;)

**Added bonus!** If you sew to sell, the designer of Sew Fun, Jen, welcomes you to do so with a free license for up to 100 bags!!! I know, wow!!!

If you'd like to check out the Boho Shoulder Bag or other great patterns offered by Sew Fun, just click the image below to go straight to the pattern website.


Happy Sewing!

Pattern: Boho Shoulder Bag by Sew Fun
Fabric: Home Dec prints by Fabric Traditions

1 comments:

Lotus Leather Studio said...

Thank you for sharing the best information this blog is more helpful for me. If you are searching handmade leather accessories online so you can check our online store.
Boho Style Bag

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...