Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Monthly Project Announcement - August 2012

I get excited about the announcement of EVERY SINGLE Monthly Project around here! It's always so fun to finally get to share what I've been working on behind the scenes for weeks and sometimes even months prior. Several things have fallen perfectly into place to align the ideal timing for this project that include, our Thirty-One fundraiser and the backpacks/totes we were able to earn to be filled with school supplies....the delightful "Skirting The Issue" sew along last month at Project Run & Play....and the release of the fabric collection "Pieces of Hope" from Riley Blake Designs that I have been most anxiously anticipating!!! (more about all of that throughout the month!)

All of the projects we work on here at Hopeful Threads are meaningful and special to me and my family in a variety of ways. Today is no different. Except.....except that maybe there is an even greater personal connection to this month's project for our family. Let me share bit...

The theme of our August Monthly Project is "Give Hope"!
While I would consider this the underlying theme of all of our projects, we are going to focus on how we can Give Hope in very specific ways this month to a very specific group of people. That group of people make up the US Foster Care System. We will look at 3 groups within US Foster Care, 
  1. Children in Foster Care
  2. Families providing Foster Care
  3. Workers of the Department of Children's Services (DCS)
For those who may not be aware, our family served as a state certified "Foster Home" for the past 2 years. We were also very blessed to adopt our daughter through foster care earlier this year. (BIG YAY!!!!!!) :) While I do not in any way wish to create a spotlight on our family where this is concerned, I just want to clarify that we indeed have a very unique and personal inside look at the US Foster Care System that I am looking forward to sharing with you. 
I do not wish for this to become overly dramatic or emotional....though the nature of "The System" itself very often is. 
I also am not looking to climb any soap boxes in this arena, since as you can imagine, there are MANY!!! :)
And, I most certainly am not trying to convince ANYONE to become Foster Parents....that is a VERY personal, family decision. Period.

What I do desire, is to offer a glimpse of the needs and how you can GIVE HOPE to those involved with Foster Care through simple gestures. Things that at times may not seem like that big of a deal but can leave a lasting impact. Things that may go easily overlooked but are still greatly needed.
I'll also share about different organizations that support those in the fostering community and am happy to answer any questions I can. Just email me here.
So, I HOPE you will join me for this adventure!
As always.....LOTS of FUN in store!
XxXxXx,
Kristy

7 comments:

BeeSewSweet said...

I look forward to hearing more. Before my daughter was born, I worked for 15+ years with foster/adoptive families and my parents were foster parents for awhile in my early twenties. This is an important area to Give Hope! I hope I am able to contribute something to the cause. Thanks for all you do organizing these efforts.

Melissa said...

Looking forward to learning more this next month about what I can do.

Gary and Melissa said...

Anxious to hear more!

Jodi - usairdoll said...

Give Hope, how perfect is that for you Kristy. You have given hope and much more to so many. Looking forward to hearing more and hoping to help.You Rock!

Bright Angel said...

How exciting. Would love to know how I can help!

Sondra said...

Kristy, no surprise that you are a Foster Parent, you are so giving....Thank you for all that you do.

make.share.give said...

Yay! Please feel free to be as dramatic or emotional as you want AND get on your soapbox. Sounds like August will be a busy month- can't wait to learn more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...