Monday, May 6, 2013

Pattern Review - Blossom's Garden Party Skirts by Izzy & Ivy Designs

We recently celebrated a very special 3 year old birthday for our Lil' Princess. This meant mommy had the perfect excuse to make her some adorable new outfits! I have been wanting to try some of the sweet skirt designs in the new Blossom's Garden Party booklet from Izzy & Ivy Designs since it arrived, and so......

My first one to try was the "Fancy Forget Me Not" and I love it!!!

 This sweet skirt is delightful! As was my sweet girl's squeal when she first saw it, exclaiming "Is it for me????" :) 

One of my favorite parts of the pattern design is the added touch of the placket. I added an additional ruffle ribbon to the top of mine. Paired with some coordinating gingham and pink elephant buttons, I just love the accent it all provides!



I went on to create this chunky elephant applique T using the same coordinating fabrics, button and ribbon for the tail.  
The booklet includes step-by-step photos and instructions for 8 different skirts. The pattern pieces for the skirts that require them are included in the back along with one of those famous Izzy & Ivy "Sprinkle" labels. Over 60 pages of full color photos and inspiration to spark your creativity. 

While I love sewing with PDF patterns, it was very enjoyable to just decide I was ready to get started, pull this book out and go straight to creating! Very pleased with the way this skirt turned out and look forward to sewing the other designs included in the book as well.

SUMMARY
Sewing Experience Level: Beginner
Size Range: 1T - 14 Girls
Special Techniques: Gathering, Double Layers, Elastic Waistband
Pattern Format: Paper Booklet
Materials Used: Cotton Prints - Circus/Anna Griffin , Stripe/Sis Boom, Solid/Kona, Ribbons, Buttons, Elastic, Label.
Personal Notes: This booklet is PACKED with potential! With 8 unique skirt patterns and a lovely headpiece, you could easily sew an entire wardrobe from this one book.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Kellie Staton said...

I adore this outfit!! I am so glad to read this review of the Izzy and Ivy booklet. I had no idea about. I get so frustrated looking for cute patterns to make my niece. She is only 9 but wears a 12 or 14. So many of the cute patterns that are out only go to size 8. Glad to know that I can grab this up and make Amelia some cute skirts for the summer.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Kristy, you always choose such WONDERFUL fabrics!!! The button placket really does finish it off perfectly.

Melissa said...

This is just such a cute outfit! I love it, I bet she looked adorable!

Gina said...

Darling!!

Gina said...

I have 4 daughter's who would all love this skirt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...