Friday, July 15, 2011

ABC Sister Dolls!

Yes, if you guessed "dolls" that's exactly what we have been working on! (I thought those "doll needles" were at least a suggestive clue!) ;)

Ever since I posted about the Bit of Whimsy free plushie patterns my girls have been anxiously awaiting the chance to make their very own Mae doll. So, we introduce to you the ABC Sister Dolls...

Sister A chose playful dots & stripes to match her fun personality! She also chose a lighter hair color to match her own, and since she wears glasses, we also stitched a pair on her doll as well. Very cute!
 Sister A was the most excited about this project, until it didn't magically materialize! ;) A little harder for her to maintain interest during those first stages. But, as she could see the doll start coming together she got more and more excited to see it finished and was thoroughly pleased with her new, personally created companion. :)
 
Sister B is just a babe, so I got to make hers. :) I chose fabric I have enough of to make her a matching dress....hopefully!
 And while babe doesn't have enough hair for pigtails like her new plush friend, we are hoping soon she will! I gave her a little scarf to match her hair ties and added one of my fun "Stitched With Love" tags.

I adore her....the doll and the sweet baby girl she belongs to!

Sister C being the lovely, girly girl that she is went with this delicate floral print and pastel dot fabric and even added a little ribbon trim to give it some extra fluff. She also gave her the same beautiful blue eyes that she has.
Sister C is at that stage of knowing pretty much all there is to know in life, so she had the privilege of doing almost every step twice...once her way and once the right way. :) Overall, a very good learning experience for my budding seamstress. Her finished doll was just perfect!


The "ABC" Sister Dolls!
A long but successful Family Sewing project, and one more checked off the list! (oh boy! is my sewing room upside down! Good thing daddy's off work tomorrow!) :)

 Showing off our efforts at:

Ladybird Ln


18 comments:

More Kids 4 Me said...

OH MY!!! SO CUTE!!!!! :):)

Jeanine The Crafting Fiend said...

these are soooo cute!

Sarah @ Fabric Seeds said...

those dolls are adorable! i especially like the one with glasses.

Susanne said...

I saw the doll needles yesterday but would have never guessed these little cuties. Great job!

Kristy said...

Thanks ya'll! We were all very pleased with how our hard work paid off! :) (I can't believe I even want to make another! lol!)

Evelene S said...

Awww so cute! I love that they match the personalities of the girls!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Just stopping by from seeing you on Ladybird Ln, and I like your daughter's dolls. I like to make dolls with my girls, too!! I am a new follower!

Pam said...

love the sisters, would love to make them myself for the 3 granddaughters.

Kristy said...

Pam, your granddaughters would surely love them! :) Not to mention it's a pretty satisfying project to see all done. Have fun!

Six Sisters said...

Those are so cute! I would have loved a doll like that! We would love for you to come share this at our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday" link party! http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/07/strut-your-stuff-saturday-week-2.html

Love,
The Sisters @ sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

Ladybird Ln said...

These are do darling, I love how you can make them look like the girl! What a fun idea! Just curious How long did they take to make? Thanks for showing off!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

Anonymous said...

I just got a sewing machine and would love to try making this for my little girl and others!
visiting from tatertots and jello

Bless by Tone said...

oh, they are so cute - would love my girls to do the same. Tone

Kristy said...

They are loads of fun and the girls were so proud of themselves when done! You won't regret the time and effort!

Jackie said...

They turned out beautifully. I sure the time spent with the girls makes all the effort and mess well worth it.

Joni Nickrent said...

Your dollies are adorable! Sew Cute! POP ART MINIS

Kristy said...

Thank you Jackie! Yes, indeed it did! :)

Kristy said...

Thanks Joni! I appreciate you stopping by!!! I ADORE your artwork and look forward to seeing what sweet face pops up on my feed next from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...