Thursday, July 7, 2011

Turtle Applique Shirt

Well, the only thing that could've made me a better mom to my proud lil' guy than those fun Ocean Creature shorts was a matching shirt that made a complete outfit! :)
I love an opportunity to use up fabric scraps too, so this was a win/win.

If you'd like to make your own turtle applique shirt it's super easy!

First, cut an oval the size you want your turtle body to be.
Then cut 4 rounded triangles for the feet.
Last, cut one long half circle head.
I like to cut all these pieces long enough that there will be a good piece of the fabric under the main applique, in this case, the oval. 
Then, I pinned around the oval to hold the pieces in place while sewing. Stitch around the edge of the oval with your preferred stitch, I used a narrow 3-step zig zag for mine. I left my feet and head loose to add a little "life" to our friend. 

Lastly, I hand-stitched a couple of button eyes and he was done!

We were both pleased again with outcome.

One more Family Sewing project checked! YAY!

Linked up to more fun at:
A Crafty Soiree
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...