Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pattern Review - Girls Fleece Coat by Bumbleberries Boutique

If your weather is like ours these days, it's looking like a chilly Easter weekend. This little coat is the perfect addition to any little girl's ensemble! It's cozy and ruffly...what more can a girl ask for?


This is an absolutely adorable coat! A unique and girly style with options for ruffle collar, ruffle sleeves and rosette accents. The pattern also includes a matching Ear Warmer. (not seen here)

I had never tried to gather fleece, and my machine struggled with it a bit, so my collar doesn't have as many gathers as intended. I folded under the extra in front as you can see in the photograph. I had this perfectly matching ruffle ribbon trim that I used in place of the fleece ruffles on the sleeves, and my machine cooperated much better with this. :) I also added the same trim along the front.

It's a full length coat, so you know your little one will be warm for those crisp spring days. The top-stitching provides such a nice looking and professional finish. Everyone that sees it compliments. This is definitely an intermediate level sewing pattern. Experience with sewing garments, as well as sewing with fleece recommended.

Conclusion....She loves this coat!
She wears it around the house and even took a nap with it on the other day! No joke! :)
Pretty. Girly. Comfortable to wear. 

SUMMARY
Sewing Experience Level: Intermediate
Size Range: Toddler Girls 1-4
Special Techniques: Sewing with fleece, gathering, sewing gathered fleece, sewing sleeves, lining,
Pattern Format: PDF
Materials Used: Anti-Pill Fleece, Cotton print for lining, Ruffle Ribbon Trim
Personal Notes: Gorgeous coat, great fit!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Roberta Cogan said...

Adorable! What a great idea to make the coat out of fleece! Perfect for Spring!

Kristy said...

Thanks Roberta! :) It really is a cute pattern!

Melissa said...

You always have the best pictures of your little model! I love this coat but I know I am no where near ready to make one!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Adorable, Kristy!!! You know I love ruffles, so it's a winner with me. I also like the fact that it'll be easy to wash seeing as it's made from fleece.

Julianofurs said...

Nice article and thanks for sharing with us.
long wool coats for women

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...