Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 2012 - Monthly Project Announcement!!!

Oh BOY!!!
Really....B-O-Y. That's what we are going to sew for this month!
July's Monthly Project will be sewing boys shorts for our friends in Cambodia and I am so excited!
Here are the details....

We will be sending our boys shorts to Children In Families in Cambodia to distribute. I love this organization and what they work for and am delighted to have this opportunity to support their efforts! We are focusing specifically on BOYS SHORTS since they have another group sewing dresses for the girls. The sizes most needed are little boys size 2T-8. Knowing how you all like to blow a goal out of the water, we are going to set our minimum goal at twenty pair in each size for a total of 100 pairs of shorts. That said....I would love to send MANY, MANY MORE and include sizes on both ends of our range as well, so run with it! :) It's going to be good I know!

BOYS SHORTS NEEDED - # Accounted for/Seamstress
12Months - Veroni
18/24Months - 6/Me!, Paskiaq
Size 2T - 5/Pam @Threading My Way , 2/Lisa @Country Kids , 3/Amy @A Home Made , 2/Yvonne, 1/Melissa @Sew BitterSweet Designs, 1/Carol @SewForKids , 5/Lana
Size 3T -1/Lisa @Cupcakes, Hair Bows & Kiddos, 1/Carol @SewForKids , 5/Lana, 2/Melissa C. , 2/Yara @Yara Technically, 3/Heidi, Leigh-Ann @The Little Sewing Shop, 12/me&you
Size 4T - 2/Lisa @Country Kids , 2/Christine, 1/Melissa @Sew BitterSweet Designs , 1/Carol @SewForKids  , 5/Lana, 2/Jenni
Size 5/6 - 5/Mary @Ms. Redo , 5/Lana
Size 7/8  - 5/Lana, 3/Poppy, 3/Melissa M.
Assorted sizes - 4/Theresa @Grammie's Dolls , nickle, Sarah @Fabric Seeds, Mickey
*UPDATE!* We have a great selection of sizes covered, so please feel free to work on whatever size you like. Follow the Flickr Album to see what has been completed. Thanks! :)  

ALBUM STATUS as of 7/20
Size - #
12M - 4
18/24M - 8
2T - 24
3T - 12
4T - 8
5/6 - 14
7/8 - 31
10 - 2

To help us all know which sizes are covered and most needed, I will keep a running tally on this post for reference. Please just comment or email me with size and number you will be concentrating on. I have also created a specific Flickr Group album that you can join to add your shorts photos to, and this will serve as a great guide to what has been sewn as well. Plus, it will inspire us all in our sewing too!!! This time, all shorts will be shipped to me to be packaged together and delivered by a local friend that travels regularly to Cambodia. Therefore, when you are finished with your shorts and added the picture to our Flickr album, email me for shipping address. (You must first join the Flickr group and then you can add any photos that have been uploaded to your personal albums. As before, if you have any trouble adding to the Flickr album, you can email pics to me to add for you. )
**Note about fabric choices for shorts*** Any type of fabric is welcome, please just steer away from any prints that might be interpreted as scary....skulls, etc. Thanks!

As a special treat, Bonnie from Fishsticks Designs has created a boy's shorts pattern just for our project!!!! AND.... she is offering it FREE to those of you that are sewing along and donating this month! How great is that???!!! And the pattern is great too! It's called The Mud Puddle Splashers, and features an elastic waistband, side pockets, cuffed hem and faux fly. You are going to love sewing these! If you are new to Fishsticks Designs patterns, this is a wonderful opportunity to receive one of her high-quality, professionally designed patterns simply by offering a bit of your work as a donation. If you are familiar with Fishsticks Designs, then I don't have to tell you what a treat you are in for! :)
Download the FREE pattern from Fishsticks Designs blog here.

And OF COURSE I've gathered some INCREDIBLE prizes that you could win for your generosity in participating this month! :) OH BOY! I'm tellin' ya! Good stuff! The incredible and generous sponsors include Fishsticks Designs, Figgy's Patterns, Fat Quarter Shop and Izzy & Ivy Designs! I'll share more details throughout the month.


And....you can double your shorts sewing fun by participating in the "shorts on the line" event too!


shorts on the line button
 
 This is a month jam-packed with goodness! I hope you will join in and I hope that you will also take the time to get to know more about Children In Families and the meaningful work they are doing. This video is less than 3 minutes long and sums it up beautifully!


 


Grab the button from the sidebar to share and show you are participating AND....
Start your MACHINES!
Kristy

26 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Count me in, Kristy. Put me down for 5 pair of size 2 shorts

Melissa said...

I'm in Kristy! Time to break in my new serger!! I'm excited for some boy sewing :)

Lisa said...

2T and 4T...at least 2 pairs of each.

Anonymous said...

Oh BOY! Sounds like fun. I'll make 5 pairs in size 5 ... for now :) Mary

Christine said...

I'm a member of thread bias, an online sewing community. I just published a post about this project and will commit to 2 pairs of size 4 shorts.

Amy said...

Hi Kristy!

I'll make 3 pairs of 2T. xoxo

yvonne said...

I will sew at least 2 pairs of size 2.

Kristy said...

Thank you all! You have already encouraged my heart so much this morning with your amazing response!

Yvonne, I didn't see an email to send you a personal response, so please let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your help!!!! :)

Bright Angel said...

Count me in for 3T Kristy. Not sure how many or if this will be the only size. I will do what I can!:)

elfqueenof5 said...

I will make 5 in each size.

Heidi [Banks of Frog Creek] said...

Put me down for three size 3T please! What a great project!!

Yara said...

I'd like to send in 2 pairs of size 3T

Jennifer Blye said...

Kristi, I will make at least 2 pair of 4T shorts. Thanks

Poppy (xperimentl) said...

I'll start with 3 pairs of size 8. I've never made shorts before, I don't want to commit to more until I know I can make something wearable. :)

Melissa said...

I'm going to sew some...but I'm not going to commit to a specific # until I see how quickly I get started :) I'll do at least a couple size 3T
Melissa

Unknown said...

I am in....not gonna tell you a final number because I learned after the dress a girl thing that I lie. So I will start with 1 pair a week...and at the end of the month i will tell you how many I am really sending...

me and you said...

Hi! Put us down for 12 size 3t shorts and at least 2 of each of the other sizes. I have a group of girls from my church and we are working together. We are so excited and are having so much fun! Can't wait to try out the Puddle Jumpers pattern tonight with my group.

nickle said...

I'm in! But I don't know what size to sew... probably the bigger end.

Sarah @ Fabric Seeds said...

I will definitly help out! Not sure what sizes yet. I'll have to check what I have fabric for.

harleywife57/ Mickey White said...

Hi Kristy !!! what size do you need ???? anything specific right now ??? LET ME KNOW !!! Mickey :D

Paskiaq said...

I'd love to help...looks like 18/24months is the size that needs some help so that's what I'll make.

Veroni said...

Count me in for a 1yr old size so I guess 1T?not sure what size i just know he is 1.

Jill D said...

Please count me in. I have been on vacation for a couple weeks and just got back. My goal is to make 5 pair. I just pulled some fabric. I need to wash them and get sewing. I will make assorted sizes from 4-6.

Kristy said...

Wonderful Jill! Very happy to have you sewing along! Just email me if you have any questions at all and thanks! :)

Christie said...

Taking inspiration from your post this morning I am putting my name down to help! I'm not sure at this stage how many I will get done ;)
Fingers crossed my little man takes a nap today!
xx

Marci Girl said...

I am in this round too! I have 2 pair of 18/24 month size done that I would love to donate! I just need to post pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...