Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pattern Review - Bobby's Bathers from Sewing For Boys

I'm having a blast with all this BOY sewing! I think sometimes girl's projects get all the attention....I know with 3 girls in our nest, it's very easy to become distracted with the limitless possibilities for girly creating. That's why I love even more when I find a boy project that's as great as this!

These are the Bobby's Bathers.
 This pattern can be found in the book Sewing For Boys.
I loved making these shorts! The added features of the tie waist and pocket with velcro closure made them fun and interesting to put together, and also added to their charm!
 
 I chose this playful, aquatic print that I had tucked away in my stash for some time now.
 
Paired the "Sassy Sealife" with some perfectly coordinating dots and finished with one of my favorite Night Owl's Menagerie labels that looks like it was made for this project!
I just happened to have the perfectly matching blue cording in my stash too for the tie...I love it when things come together like that!
My lil' guy and I both were pleased with the end result!
 
 This is a pattern I'll certainly sew again!
I made this one using cotton fabrics, but you could also use a polyester or nylon to make true swimming trunks. This is only 1 of 24 projects in the Sewing For Boys book too....so, I'm happy to say, much more boyish sewing fun in store!
Until then....
Hope you're stayin' cool!!!
Kristy

SUMMARY
Sewing Experience Level: Beginner
Size Range: 2/3 - 6/7
Special Techniques: None
Pattern Format: Paper (part of book)
Materials Used: Cotton woven prints, nylon cording, small piece of velcro, elastic for waistband
Personal Notes: Very satisfying sewing project and the shorts are roomy enough to last at least a couple of years.

8 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

They look great, Kristy! I have the book, but am yet to make anything. I need more hours in a day... LOL!!!

Melissa said...

Wow! They look amazing! You could totally buy those in a store :)

Christie said...

With 3 boys, I think I need this book!! Especially seeing my eldest asked for board shorts just yesterday! Yours look fantastic, this project really did come together for you!

Jess said...

I have girls, but these are super cute, and might even be fun to make them some board shorts like this! You did a fantastic job.

Franco said...

These are terrific!!!!

Karen LePage said...

These Are wonderful! I love the print you chose, AND the details you added. My favorite rendition of these so far!

Kristy said...

WOW! Thank you Karen! What an amazing compliment! And thank you for an incredibly inspiring sewing book all about boys, I love it and have many more projects planned!!! :)

Cindy said...

These are fantastic! I don't think you could have chosen a more perfect print.:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...