Thursday, July 26, 2012

Simple Strawberry Cobbler

Ok, had to share at least one more of my favorite summer recipes...and this time for a little something SWEET!!! Doesn't that look delicious!?!?!? It's soooooo simple to make too!

I learned this recipe from my step brother.
Here's what you will need:
2 boxes frozen strawberries, sliced (I've also used fresh with great results)
3c sugar
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 1/2c flour
1/2c water
 
Evenly spread the strawberries in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
Cover with 1 1/2c of sugar.
Slice 3/4 stick of butter over top.
Let sit for 2 hours.
Pour 1/2c water over top of mixture in dish.
Melt & combine the remaining 3/4 stick of butter with 1 1/2c sugar and 1 1/12c flour to create a crumb like topping. Spread evenly over the top of the berry mixture.


Bake at 450 for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 and continue baking for 45-50 minutes or until nicely browned and bubbly.

Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy every single bite!

I've also made this with many other berries and fruits like blackberries, blueberries and peaches....all are delicious!
Kristy

2 comments:

Jessica @ Sunny Stitching said...

Yum! This looks delicious. How many pounds/grams of strawberries do you estimate are in two boxes? I'd love to make this but want to make sure I have enough. Thanks!

Melissa said...

Oooo! I need to try this! I have 4 bags of our hand picked strawberries in the freezer :) yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...