Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pattern Review - Haven Dress by Petite Kids

As soon as I saw the first picture of this dress, I couldn't wait to sew it!
So much so that when I saw she needed testers....regardless of having a HUGE pile of projects to finish...I jumped at the chance! :)

This is the Haven Dress from Petite Kids.
 

I instantly fell in love with the simplicity, sweetness and delicate flow of this dress.
And of course.....ruffles!!!!
 

This is a perfect beginner pattern too!
The bodice offers a gentle elastic stretch and shoulder ties to allow for a customized fit.
And did I mention ruffles??? ;)
We love ruffles around here!


SUMMARY
Sewing Experience Level: Beginner
Size Range: 6 Months - 12 Years
Special Techniques: Ruffling, elastic casing.
 Pattern Format: PDF
Materials Used: Cotton woven prints, elastic.
Floral print - Nicey Jane, Large Polka Dot - Michael Miller, Small Dot - Riley Blake
Personal Notes: Great beginner sewing project! Instructions are very easy to follow with lots of step-by-step photos. I love the assembly of this dress, simplifies the process even more. Adorable and beautifully finished dress.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank you for another fabulous review! The dress looks so darling!

Aimee said...

Love those fabrics! Very cute.

Jessica @ Sunny Stitching said...

This is adorable! I love your fabric choice, the simplicity of the dress, and the ruffles because my little girl loves them, too!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Gorgeous little dress, Kristy!!! Love the fabric you've used and of course LOVE the ruffles...

Elisabetta said...

this dress is ADORABLE!
I like the colors and the pattern, my little lady would be very happy with this dress...
she's only two, but she's extremely fashion addict =)

Sara @ My Merry Messy Life said...

Oh wow, this is a beautiful dress! Love the pattern choices you made. I'd love if you'd link this up to my link party for the fiber arts!
http://www.mymerrymessylife.com/2012/07/hookin-on-hump-day-7-link-party-for.html

Annie said...

What a pretty dress! Love the fabrics you selected!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...