Saturday, May 3, 2014

A Welcome Inspiration!

I was welcomed back this week to a very encouraging and inspiring message and wanted to share with you all. I hope this serves as a reminder to us all of the greater outreach of Hopeful Threads. The impact that far exceeds our group projects and touches countless lives!

Hi,
First of all, I just wanted to say thank you for sharing such an inspirational message with the world. I came across your blog this past fall when I was looking for some easy patterns to make projects to give away, and I've been following you ever since. I wanted to host a birthday party for myself that would bless others and needed some projects that even new crafters could approach. We made no sew fleece blankets, pillow case dresses, and a bunch of "fluff" friends. Most of the items were to benefit a local organization that offers advocacy for children that must be removed from their homes. The dresses will be mailed off to Little Dresses for Africa.

I wanted to share my little story. I just dropped off two bags of blankets and 11 fluff friends (8 home made and 3 store bought). I don't know if you can count those 11 towards your total goal, but I just wanted to let you know. Your ongoing projects have really put a desire on my heart to start doing more projects like this to craft for a greater cause. I felt led to donate locally, but you certainly lit the fire for me to follow through. 

Thanks for all you are doing!
~Joy

And here's a picture of those FLUFF friends as well! 

I absolutely LOVE this!!!!
This is an IDEAL response to Hopeful Threads!
To have others inspired beyond our projects, beyond those that we could reach with our projects.....well, this inspires and encourages my heart and my sewing efforts so very much! Thank you for taking the time to share Joy! My very best wishes for your growing outreach!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Leigh said...

That is just wonderful, and you are awesome Joy!

Kristy said...

I agree Leigh! :)

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Your inspiration will reach much further than you will ever know, Kristy!!! Hope you've had a relaxing break with the family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...