Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pattern Review - Lily Bird Studio - Emma's Dress

 This past weekend I had the privilege of testing one of the newest patterns for Lily Bird Studio, Emma's Dress. I fell in love with this dress as soon as I saw the intro on her blog! The details of the waistband pleats and tie sash made for a perfectly unique and stylish finish.
 I had this lovely Harmony Art organic fabric just waiting in my stash and now I believe this dress is just what it was intended for! The bodice is made from Harmony's luxuriously soft, organic cotton sateen...I'm seriously in love with this fabric! The skirt is from the Pink Moon print. I couldn't have been more pleased with how it turned out!
 I finished the back with these chunky, vintage style buttons, which again were just the right accent for this dress. My daughter loved it just as much as I did!

Sewing this dress was a real pleasure! There are minimal pattern pieces to print which is always a plus and joining the pieces is super easy with the multi-colored size guide. The instructions and clear, neatly organized, step-by-step photos made it come together so easily. Cecilia, the designer behind Lily Bird Studio, certainly has a gift and her ability to translate that gift in a manner that assists you in recreating her designs is clearly evident throughout the sewing process. Anyone with basic sewing experience would be capable of sewing this dress and would most definitely be pleased with and encouraged by the end result!

Emma's Dress pattern is soon to be released at the Lily Bird Studio shop, I'll be sure to let you know as soon as it is available! In the meantime... She offers quite a collection of beautiful, easy to follow PDF patterns with some of the fairest prices online...you'll want to check them out! 

Happy Sewing!


Pattern: Emma's Dress by Lily Bird Studio
Fabric: Pink Moon/Pink Sateen by Harmony Art Organics

5 comments:

Cecilia said...

Hello Kristy!
Thank you so much for sharing such sweet review with your readers!
Have a nice day!

just jayma said...

I love love this dress! I love the sweetness of it, for sure!

Mama Lusco said...

Great work! I hope your girl loves hers as much as mine does :) I just linked your post over at my blog here:

http://mamalusco.blogspot.com/2011/09/emmas-dress-pattern-review.html

Pam @Threading My Way said...

What a pretty dress, Kristy!!! Love the pleats, love the wide sash. Perfect dress for a special occasion...

Sewandthecity said...

Beautiful dress! Love the sash and the skirt detail!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...