Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pattern Review - Mona Coat by Lily Bird Studio

I have another pattern review for a new Lily Bird Studio pattern called the Mona Coat. This is an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. coat!!! The unique details Cecilia has so carefully and creatively added set this coat pattern apart from any other I've seen!


I made this coat using a soft corduroy print for the main fabric, a suede like fabric for the lining and trims and a handful of fun vintage buttons. This coat is so cute on babe I even let her just wear it around the house when I was done! ;)

Check out some of these details...
Large Butterfly Collar.
 Double button closure.
 Button embellished sleeve bands.
 Front & back storm patches.
 Fully lined.
 Shoulder patches and last but MOST CERTAINLY not least, PUFF SLEEVES!
I told you it was AMAZING!

Now let me add, this is a pattern for an experienced seamstress. While the pattern is very well written and clearly detailed with step-by-step photographs, one should have a bit of sewing under their belt before jumping into this pattern to insure a positive experience. It's also a pattern that will take a considerable amount of time to make, as well as a good amount of materials. But it's worth it!

The pattern has a size range of 12M - 8 years. It's also versatile in style and can be made to accommodate all seasons based on the types of fabrics you use.

The Mona Coat pattern is available for purchase in the Lily Bird Studio etsy shop.
 

Pattern: Mona Coat by Lily Bird Studio
Fabrics: Outer print corduroy, Lining suede-like fabric, Vintage buttons

2 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Gorgeous, floral cord fabric!!! Love the details on the coat: puffed sleeves, piping, storm patches. It looks so warm.

JoAnna of re-U creating new spaces said...

This little jacket is SO adorable! Thanks for following my blog www.re-Ublog.com
I always love meeting new people!
-JoAnna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...