Sunday, February 26, 2012

Biltmore House Adventure!

Yesterday, my mom and I took my oldest 2 girls to Biltmore House in Asheville, NC. If you've never been, it's truly a magnificent experience! The largest private home in the United States, it was built in 1895 and is truly a US castle!

My girls currently have a great interest in that time period, and having visited the house numerous times myself, I couldn't wait for them to see it! Originally, the estate was 125,000 acres, and while it isn't that large today, it is still unbelievable. Breathtaking views, exquisite furnishings, decorations and architecture.....it's quiet the experience!

Photographs aren't allowed inside the home or this post could have been ridiculously LOOOOONG!!! The house boasts 250 rooms, 43 bathrooms, the first indoor bowling alley, swimming pool, AMAZING kitchen and the property includes gorgeous stables (now restaurants), a winery, a dairy farm, and numerous ponds and trails.



And the grounds, which are in full bloom at different times of the year, (spring includes tulips, iris, forsythia, hyacinth, crocus and in summer the trails are bursting with azaleas...and the rose gardens...oh my!!!) weren't in bloom just yet, but the "hot house" was bursting with growth and color! It's always been one of my favorite parts of the entire property.


We had a wonderful day! The weather was gorgeous and we all loved it!
Got to have a "Girls Day Out" every once in awhile! ;)

1 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I think I'd get lost in the grounds, even when it's not in bloom. The flowers in the hothouse look spectacular. A day out with the girls is a must every now and then!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...