Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pattern Review - Elephant Pillow by Precious Patterns

A couple of PLUMP PACHYDERMS to share with you today, for our April Project!
  
 I've had this playful pattern on my "To Sew" list for way too long now and am so glad to have finally made it! These were so much fun to make, simple, straight forward pattern, and I am tickled with how they turned out!
The pattern is part of a trio of designs in this pattern by Precious Patterns.

I have used a few remaining scraps of the Remix fabric from Ann Kelle to compliment the ears on both. My favorite, favorite part......the knotted trunk! 
Love it! :)

 These guys make me smile and I hope they do the same for the special ones that receive them. :)

My only variation from the pattern was how I stuffed them. The pattern is written to use pillow forms, but having plenty of stuffing on hand, I stuffed them all with Fairfield polyester fiber

If you are looking for a first ever stuffie sewing pattern, or even a perfect project to work on with your kids, I highly recommend this pattern! The step-by-step instructions and photos are a breeze to follow, and anyone will be delighted with the finished, fluffy result!

I also finished each with one of my lovely new Ananmeone Labels.
There's still time for you to win your own custom labels from Ananemone Labels in our giveaway here. HURRY!!! Ends 4/30/13

Adding these to our April Project Album!
The pile is happily growing and growing!!!
Only a few days left to help us stuff our bus with "Fluff For Foster Care"
JOIN US!!! 

SUMMARY
Sewing Experience Level: Beginner
Special Techniques: The only thing I would mention is sewing with fleece. It has a bit of a stretch to it, so you just have to be careful not to tug on it while you are sewing or it can cause your project to be misshapen.
Pattern Format: PDF
Materials Used: Fleece, Cotton prints for ear accents, felt for eyes.
Personal Notes: FUN! EASY! Great first sewing project! Kids will also love making these!
Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...