Thursday, August 1, 2013

August 2013 - Monthly Project Announcement

Are you READY for a simple sewing project that GIVES BIG???
I sure am! And our August Project provides just that!

Once again, we are very excited to be teaming up with Sew For Kids to work together to make sure our little friends on the Pine Ridge Reservation have what they need to head back to school prepared to learn! There are all kinds of items on their list, and I'll share more in just a moment, but our specific focus item of donation from the Hopeful Threads community is Pencil Pouches. Whether you can sew 1 or 100, each is most welcome! Every ONE matters!

Additionally, here is a list of supplies they have indicated would be helpful as well if you'd like to include any with your Pencil Pouch donations -OR- if you are unable to sew this month, these can of course be purchased and sent and will be equally appreciated!

* NEW Backpacks
* Lunch Boxes/Bags
* Zippered Pencil Pouches or Plastic Pencil Boxes
* Colored Pencils, Crayons, No. 2 Pencils, blue & black pens, rulers, scissors, erasers, pencil sharpeners
* Composition Notebooks, Folders, Binders, Notebook Paper, Index Cards, Construction Paper 
* Kleenex, Wet Wipes

This is such a great time of year to get these items at reduced prices! Maybe as you shop for your own child/grandchild, you can add a few extra items for donation. 

I've been gathering a bundle of fun sewing tutorials for a variety of Pencil Pouches and they can all be found on my "Pouches, Purses & Bags" board on Pinterest here

I'm super excited to share that this will also be the C.A.K.E. (Crafty Acts of Kindness Everywhere) Project at Morena's Corner this month too! And she has a fun tutorial coming for all you no-sew folks that would still like to creatively take part. Stay tuned! :)
THANK YOU MORENA!!!!


When you're READY TO SHIP:
Via USPS
Theresa and Jerome High Horse
PO Box 317
Wanblee SD 57577
Via Fedex/UPS
Theresa and Jerome High Horse
1272 Sioux Circle
Wanblee SD 57577
**Please note....if you will include your email address or a self addressed stamped envelope, they would love to be able to say thanks! :)
So let's get sewing and school supply shopping and show our support and encouragement for our sweet friends at Sew For Kids and the Pine Ridge Reservation!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I'm sure I can whip up a few pencil cases, Kristy...

Melissa said...

What a great project Kristy!

Pieces to Love said...

This is an awesome project.

Unknown said...

I love the fabrics you chose! Thanks for letting me join in this awesome project.

JLVerde said...

Love this month's project.

I have SO MUCH novelty fabric, this is right up my alley (and I just learned how to sew in zippers!).

I'll be scouring the sale pages to see if I can find supplies for cheap, too (my sister loves couponing and all that, so I'll probably get her in on the action, too).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...