Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thoughtful....Giving....Beautiful!

Just a few of the words I would use to describe the amazing community of Hopeful Threads. 
I am so incredibly THANKFUL for each of you and your support and enthusiasm in giving back through your talents. You are a blessing to many!

I am privileged to receive messages and emails that remind of this on a regular basis. 
This week I received this one...

"Dear Kristy,

I have been holding my breath for about a week waiting to email you about this month's project. Here's the deal. Sometime earlier this year, in an attempt to whittle down my fabric stash, I pulled out all the Christmas fabric I have collected over the years, mostly scraps given to me by friends and coworkers after they find out that I sew and usually little crafty things. The pieces were too small and not the right fabric for decent stockings, so I started making drawstring gift bags. Mid-October hit and I emailed a couple of local charities too see if they would accept handmade items. By late October I hadn't gotten any responses, then you announced your November project. I held my breath to give the charities another few days to respond, but I should have just waited in the first place to see what you had up your sleeve!!!

Most of the bags are between five and seven inches tall, and I have a dozen or so ready to go. I've been playing around with the idea of putting felt tangrams or five stone games (like soft jacks) in some of them, but have three baby showers and holiday hours at work, so I don't know if that will happen. Technically your call was for stockings, but I'm hoping that the bags are close enough to the heart of the projects that I can play too! 

Thanks again for getting everyone involved in such a fabulous project especially during this time of year when your kind of spirit can get lost in the hustle and bustle.
Audrey"

Miss Kristy Said I Could Play Too!!
My response, 
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly the kind of thing I love to see happen! Someone considering what they have and how it can be used. Hopeful Threads as a springboard for something more, something personal. Perfect. 
Thoughtful. Giving. Beautiful.

While I do create a specific project focus each month, that is primarily to help simplify and clarify as we create a common goal. It makes it easier than the vast possibilities. However, if there is ever a way that you want to give that is applicable to our project, that is ALWAYS WELCOME!

This month alone examples of such are gifts like these adorable bags, stocking stuffers, plush friends, pillowcases....all that would be perfect, CHEERFUL gifts for children in the hospital during the holidays. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." -Theodore Roosevelt 

Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...