Monday, January 20, 2014

Pattern Review: Hooded Scarf by Whimsy Couture

I'm very thankful to Whimsy Couture for providing this pattern for me to sew for DCS this month!

I shared with you all the need for some kind of hooded towel or blanket needed for some children being treated for lice when they come into foster care. It's very cold here right now, and if their hair hasn't had a chance to fully dry, that means having to go out with a wet head....not so good. When I started looking about for patterns and ideas for what to sew that would be practical yet something the kids wouldn't mind wearing, I found the Whimsy Couture pattern. When I shared with Denise what I was working on, she did not hesitate a single moment to send over the pattern for me to use. She has always been so very generous and supportive of my efforts, and I am so very grateful!

Isn't this adorable!?!?!?!
This is the Hooded Scarf pattern from Whimsy Couture
And it's what I used to make a bundle of 15 Hooded Scarves for the children. 

Knowing that a little absorbency might help, I made mine of fleece lined with flannel. They were very quick and easy to make too!



The pattern provides variations for different styles and accents, along with step-by-step pictures for the entire sewing process. It also covers sizes from Baby to Adult, so you get all you need to sew for the whole family in 1 pattern!

And I think it sews up as perfectly for boys as it does for girls!

SUMMARY
Sewing Experience Level: The pattern is listed as an intermediate level pattern, but I think a confident Beginner would do fine with it too. The directions are very clear. 
Size Range: Infant - Adult
Special Techniques: Fleece ruffles.
Pattern Format: PDF
Materials Used: Fleece outer, flannel inner.
Personal Notes: I think this would be the perfect thing for the kids to wear after swimming during the cold months too. May just have to stitch up a few more for my crew now! :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

What a good idea, Kristy. They all look great and done in the right fabric, they'd be good for adults, too.

Sondra said...

Great pattern! Kristy.
Love this idea.

Melissa said...

Great review! Looks like a pattern I might need to invest in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...