Friday, January 3, 2014

Sewing Suggestions with Tutorial Links for the 1st Quarter Project!

Ok, let's get this party started!!!! :)
I figured it might help if I included links to a variety of sewing tutorials that I have come across that could be used for our 1st Quarter Project. Please don't feel limited to these in any way, if you have a pattern or tutorial that you prefer, run with it! This is just a spring board to help us all get started. Oh, and if you do have a great pattern and/or tutorial, Please Share! :) We might love it too!

THINGS WE CAN SEW:
This list will provide links to a variety of FREE Sewing Tutorials for the following items....

Tote Bags and/or Diaper Bags: LOTS of options on my "Pouches, Purses & Bags" pin board here.

This Cargo Duffle from Robert Kaufman is a perfect option for the older teens, especially BOYS!

Pillowcases: There are more pillowcase tutorials than I could count on THIS BOARD that Melissa & I created for a project back in September 2012.
You can also find MANY Pillowcase tutorials from the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge HERE.


Cosmetic/Toiletry Bags & Pouches: Again, there are a bunch of these on my "Pouches, Purses & Bags" board here, but I just LOVE this Overnight Bag from The Purl Bee found HERE.


Or there is an adorable and easy to sew Hooded Fleece Poncho at Blessings Overflowing HERE.

Other Useful Items:
Links to a variety of tutorials for Bibs, Burpcloths and load of other handmade baby items can be found on my "Baby Sewing" board here

Links to a variety of tutorials for Headbands/Hair Wraps/Hats can be found on my "Head Gear" board here. 

Again, if you know of others, feel free to leave a comment or send me an email
Thanks for sewing along this Quarter!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Barbara Nimmo said...

I especially appreciated the section on "Sewing Basics for Beginners." It's always great to have a refresher on the fundamentals, and these tutorial links are a goldmine. The step-by-step instructions and clear visuals make it much easier for newcomers like me to grasp the techniques.
promocodehq

Ashlee Rolfson said...

I'm so excited to stumble upon this wonderful blog post on sewing suggestions! Thank you for sharing such a comprehensive list of tutorial links. As someone who's been trying to improve my sewing skills, I can't express how valuable this resource is.
Fashion Glasses for Women

Timothee Lambert said...

"I'm constantly impressed by the quality of content on this blog. Keep up the great work!"
vickie lynn swayze

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...