Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pattern Review - Bubble Romper by Whimsy Couture

If you are looking for a super cute and super quick summer outfit to make, the Shirred Bubble Romper from Whimsy Couture is it! I was restless the other night and not ready for bed, so decided to give this a try. It went from a thought in my head to finished in just a couple of hours and I'm tickled with the adorable results!
  
The pattern, by name, does require shirring. I tried a new elastic thread recommended by and purchased  from Pink Fig and I must say, I am sold! Much better shirring results! The brand is Stretch-Rite and it's what I'll be using from now on!
I didn't even have to steam it to get it to gather like this!

The pattern also includes instructions for making fabric flowers like the one I attached to the front. The darling gingham button is from Riley Blake Designs.

I used a printed satin ribbon for the ties and love the sweetness it adds! The pattern instructions include other options also.

Whimsy Couture patterns were some of the first PDF patterns I ever used. Her selection continues to grow and she is a super nice person, always eager to help when needed! I have many of her patterns in my collection and will most definitely be making this sweet romper again....probably very soon! :)

Summer sewing is on!

Pattern: Shirred Bubble Romper by Whimsy Couture
Fabric: Main Mushroom Print/Micheal Miller, Pink Pin Dot/random cotton
Other Materials: Printed Satin Ribbon tie, Gingham Button from Riley Blake Designs

6 comments:

Christie said...

Aww that is such a sweet little romper! Summer sewing is so fun!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

So cute, Kristy!!!

Amy said...

This is darling and I love the little flower!

Mrs. D said...

That is adorable! I am certainly not ready for shirring yet - but I do love it!

DIY Crush Blog said...

Thank you so very much for this lovely review, Kristy! I love your romper!!

sewVery said...

I have admired this print for some time now. I really need to buy a yard or two!
BTW, when you say you got much better results with the Stretch-Rite elastic thread, exactly what was better? Did it draw up more when you wet it because I've some trouble with that using the Dritz brand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...