Monday, March 5, 2012

Pattern Review - Double Ruffle Halter Dress by Seamingly Smitten

Oh this is a fun dress! 
It's a fun dress to sew and adorable on, so I say bring on the SUN!!! My little sweetie is going to be decked out in ruffly, twirly cuteness for sure! :)
 This is the Double Ruffle Halter Dress by Seamingly Smitten Sewing Patterns  

The pattern has just released for purchase and is a BREEZE to put together! The step-by-step instructions are very easy to follow and provide lots of photos to help along the way.  As you should with all patterns, ahem....I say should because I'm the worst at this!....it is best to read through all of the instructions first. The assembly of this sweet dress is very easy, but it is also likely to be very different than other similar patterns you may have sewn. It was for me. I love when a pattern teaches me new techniques while I'm sewing from it!

I did the criss-cross front straps on this dress and love the look! The great big bow the straps make in the back just makes this sweet dress too! Won't this be perfect at the beach!?


It was truly so quick and easy to assemble, and I loved the finished dress so much....as did my little one who wanted to wear it in spite of the fact that it is still "winter" here! I had to make another! This time in softer colors and with a couple variations.


 This time I also spaced the straps out on the front as the pattern offered as an alternate option. I also did rolled hems on my ruffles in pink. It's kind of hard to see in this picture, but I love the little extra touch it added!

The pattern offers a size range of 6 months - 8 years. I would consider it a perfect beginner pattern that will provide results any seamstress would be proud of!
Would you believe I've already selected the fabric to make another! lol! 
I love sewing and patterns like this that make it even more fun!
 You can get the Double Ruffle Halter Dress pattern in the Seamingly Smitten shop here.


Pattern: Double Ruffle Halter Dress by Seamingly Smitten Sewing Patterns
Fabric: Dress 1 - Flip flop print/Michael Miller, Black & White pindot from my stash
Dress 2 - Bear print from my stash, Gingham from Darla/by Tanya Whelan, Polka Dot "Dottie" by Moda

9 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is darling and I LOVE how the bow works for the staps.

McKenna C. said...

Oh I love them both!! You have an eye for fabric!

~McKenna

Lucas, Em, Landon, and Lucy said...

CUTE! I might have to get it & try some Minnie Mouse fabric for Lucy to wear at Disney!

Kristy said...

It would look PRECIOUS in Minnie Mouse for sure! :) Make sure you share if you make it, I'd love to see!

Sarah @ Fabric Seeds said...

so cute! i love the tie in the back!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Beautiful fabrics as always and a sweet, girlie dress...

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! I love the tie in the back!

Christie said...

Very, very cute dress. I am the same, I never read through all the directions first, I jump in and have made many mistakes this way...will I ever learn?!

Fashion Mozo said...

This is really a beautiful and nice dress. I like this dress colour. Anyone can easily buy this women dress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...