Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May Project Announcement!

 This is going to be especially FUN! Aren't these adorable little dolls just so sweet? My girls each got the one that looked most like them in their Easter basket this year.
 And notice anything you've seen before? Yup, I made their little dresses match those super easy bubble skirts I posted about a couple of weeks ago. They were thrilled!

 These sweet dolls are part of the Playdate collection by designer Patty Young of MODKID.
 This line of fabric is made up of lots of bright and playful prints, including the adorable rag dolls fondly known as the "Potty Girls". I purchased my panels from this lovely shop on Hyena. Each panel has 3 dolls, and I bought extra to make for our May project. I think these dolls are a perfect handmade item for giveaway and my head is swimming with ideas of where to donate mine! Our local Children's Hospital, DCS, they could accompany dresses for Dress A Girl, or perhaps even provide a cheerful gift for a child visiting a shelter due to natural disaster. Wherever you would choose to send them, they are sure to bring a smile!

So this month, sew some dolls with me! And invite your friends to sew along with us here at Hopeful Threads!

The generous folks at MODKID sent me a little treat to share...I'll let you in on that later this week! :) In the meantime, be brainstorming on where you think a great place to send these dolls would be. I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments as well!

2 comments:

Manda said...

Where are you? I'm a big supporter of the Ronald McDonald House. I'm sure your local would take them off your hands.

Kristy said...

Great idea Amanda! I do like to support out local Children's Hospital....in ways other than taking my kids there sometimes! ;) Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...