Thursday, December 1, 2011

December - Rest, Reflections and Randomness

December! 
Can you believe it???
2011 is in it's final stretch. And what a year it's been!

This was the first year for the Hopeful Threads blog. And we, as a collective group of sewists, have used our gifts and talents to give back in a big way! I am so very proud and honored to be a part of what is going on here! And I am so grateful to have gotten to know so many of you on different levels and build some very special friendships this year. I think this is just the beginning! :)

Things are going to be a bit different for the month of December.
Sometimes I think the best way to refuel and be inspired is to pause and reflect. December will serve as a month of just that. 

Rest, Reflection and Randomness.

This most certainly does NOT mean that I won't be sewing....I mean really! Come on! :) My family would go nuts if I didn't have something to do! It doesn't mean I won't be giving back either...this is the time of year that there are even MORE, easily accessible opportunities to give back, and I hope each of us takes advantage of that in some way!

I will be taking a bit of a commitment break for the month though, taking a deep breath, soaking in my family and dreaming up the possibilities of the coming year! I intend to share reflections from the past year and the different ways we have given back here at Hopeful Threads. What an encouragement to look back and see that our efforts MOST DEFINITELY made a difference! I plan to highlight some amazing organizations out there doing some amazing work for others, and I hope to share some of our family's holiday fun, along with a bit of my holiday sewing......Ooooo! It will be a miracle if I get it all done by Christmas! lol! A mix of rest, reflection and randomness indeed! I hope you'll be encouraged by something in the assortment. 

January we will be back in full swing with a monthly project that you can participate in! I've received a specific request from a very special organization for a need that we can easily sew up for them! Can't wait to share and have you all sew with me!

Until then, I wish you a month FULL of all of your favorite things!

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...