Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year End Reflections & Resolutions

Do you make New Year's resolutions? I never really believed in all of that. I figure if you really want to do something it certainly doesn't require a "New Year" to begin or a resolution to maintain it for that matter. However, last year I thought I'd give it a try. My first "real" New Year's Resolution. Know what it was? This blog. Hopeful Threads was begun as a New Year's Resolution.
I had this idea swimming around in my head for what seemed like FOREVER! I wanted to purposefully sew each month for a specific organization or need. I really wanted to sew more with others than I was able to coordinate locally. I wanted to see an outreach begin....expand....and touch lives on both ends. So, I put it out there and am delighted with how this year has turned out!

Here's a glimpse...
January 2011 - Pillowcases for our local DCS

February 2011 - Dresses inspired by Dress A Girl sent to Cambodia & Ghana

March 2011 - Repaired Cloth Diapers sent to Ghana & China

April 2011 - Bibs sent to China

May 2011 - Ragdolls sent to China

June 2011 - Activity/Coloring Bags delivered to our local Children's Hospital

July we took a break to soak up some Summer and sew for our families.

August 2011 - Cloth pads inspired by Days For Girls sent to Cambodia

September 2011 - Baby Layette for our local Crisis Pregnancy Center

October 2011 - Preemie Diaper Covers sent to Cambodia

November 2011 - Sew Along to benefit Create H.O.P.E. Designs

 
December we've paused to allow for a little extra rest and family time.

Wow! I feel so very blessed to be a part of this! To see that we have made a tangible difference for people near and far. To have met some of the warmest and most giving people. So, feeling rested and renewed with enthusiasm for what's ahead, I say let this New Year's Resolution continue!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Gandhi  

Can't wait to see what's in store for 2012!
 

5 comments:

Lindsay Conner said...

You've been busy this year! Love this. :) Link up your year-end post with us at http://www.craftbuds.com/craft-buds-2011-year-in-review-link-party/ if you'd like. :)

Danny Heyen said...

I wanted to ask you about sewing for some fostered teenage girls. If you are interested, let me know and I can give you more details.

DIY Crush Blog said...

What a wonderful new year's resolution!!! You inspire me to do the same!!! God bless you - happy New Year!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

You've achieved so much that has helped others!!! Well done, Kristy!!! Looking forward to sewing with you this year.

Brooke said...

Thank you for your awesome ministry to others! It has been fun to be able to sew along with you a couple time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...