Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Giving Perspective

Maybe, just maybe he's getting it. 


We talk a lot about using our gifts to help others around here. When I come across businesses, individuals or organization using their unique gifts to help others, I always like to share it with my kiddos. There are some really amazing and interesting folks doing some really impressive things like...
...to name a few.

We talk about how each of these saw a need and found a way to use their special gift and interest to impact that need. These discussions have caused my 6 year old to begin asking what his gift is. I've told him it could be a variety of things, and time will tell, but he has continued to ponder this on his own apparently. Leading to him bringing me the picture above that he had drawn.

See, we keep a large mason jar on the counter in our kitchen. Any spare change that turns up is put in the jar. Once the jar is filled, we choose a specific place to donate it. It's shown our children how little can add up to a lot, and they love being the ones that find extra coins in the dryer or sofa to contribute. The picture above is that jar. My son decided that his gift might just be inventing new items to help others, and this is one of his first inventions. It's a cork lid with propeller to fit our mason coin jar. Then above it is his remote with maps so he can direct the jar to the destination in greatest need. 

Hmmmmmm.....I love it!
I love his idea and the way he's thinking!

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." ~Ghandi

1 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I love the fact that as a family you decide where to donate the full jar of change. Your son is obviously getting the message... so cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...