Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sewing Essential - Fabric Grips

I recently bought a new cutting guide and when I went to use it the first time I was immediately reminded of a "Sewing Essential" that I am particularly fond of.

Fabric Grips.
 This just happens to be a very old vintage pack, but a little goes a long way, so a pack will last a while!

Fabric Grips are simply tiny sandpaper stickers that adhere to the back of your cutting guides to prevent the guide from sliding around as you cut your fabric. Simply apply them to the corners of your cutting guide, and center if it's an especially long guide.


And you're all set! They work beautifully! No more crooked cuts of fabric because you guide slipped and your also less likely to slip with that ultra sharp rotary blade too. OUCH! Hurts to even think about it!

Fabric Grips....a must have "Sewing Essential"!
For other items I consider essential in my sewing space, check out the "Sewing Essentials  tab at the top of the blog. 
Photobucket

6 comments:

Leigh said...

Oh wow! I wish I would have known about these this past weekend when I cut about 104 little pieces of fabric out, with a slippery ruler and template plastic guide, for my daughter's quilt! However I WILL grab some at Joann if they have them when I go back to buy the sashing fabric, because that's a lot of fiddly cutting as well. Thanks!

Kara {me and elna} said...

I had no idea these actually worked; thanks for sharing! :)

Christy said...

I've never heard of these! Awesome. I'll be getting some soon. THANKS for sharing!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I've never seen or heard of these. I'm putting them on my shopping list.

Sooli said...

I haven't used these but I have Invisigrip (I think that's what its called) on the back of all my quilts. Its a clear film that sticks to your rulers and I find its great for keeping those slippery rulers still too!

Kellie said...

great tip! thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...